What is Error 5B00?
Error 5B00 means the counter on your printer detect that the ink absorber is almost full or ink absorber is full. To fix the 5B00 on Canon printer, we need to reset the counter back to zero. Generally, steps to reset Canon Printer is:
- Enter service mode on the printer
- Reset using Service tool / Resetter software
- Restart Printer
There are many series from Canon printer, to enter Service Mode, each series of printer have different method. You can Follow each steps bellow:
Enter Service Mode on Canon Printer
- Turn off the printer
- Press and hold Resume/Stop button on the printer
- Press and hold Power button then release the Resume/Stop button
- While holding the power button, press the Resume/Stop button 5 (five) times
- Then release the power button same time with releasing Resume/Stop button
- Now the printer on the Service Mode
The steps above works with Canon iP series, iX series, MP Series, MX Series, and MG Series.
Reset using Service Tool / Resetter Software
You need to Enter the Printer to Service Mode to reset printer using Service Tool. In this guide, we will use Service Tool V3400 that support many types of Canon Printer.
- Download Canon Service Tool V3400
- Run the Service Tool V3400.exe program
- Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
- In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
- From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before set the counter to the main-board, and click SET.
- Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
The printer now can work normally, you can use this guide if the 5B00 error message appear on your printer again.