Connect an HP printer to a local Wi-Fi network to wirelessly print from a personal computer, Smartphone, or tablet.
Step 1: Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network
Before you can wirelessly print, connect the printer to the same local wireless network your computer or mobile device is on. These steps also apply if you changed your internet service provider or installed a new router and need to reconnect the printer.
- If you received an Enter the WPS PIN for your printer message, click Cancel in the window, and then continue with these steps.
- Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on the printer and make sure ink cartridges are installed and paper is loaded in the main tray.
- Connect the printer to the local network.
Printers with a touch screen control panel:
- On the printer, select Restore Network Settings (or similar) from the Wireless , Settings , or Restore Settings menu.
- Get the network name (SSID) and password. Go to Finding Your Wireless Password for more information.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless, Settings, or Network Setup menu, and then select your network name and enter the password.
- On the printer, press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds or until the light starts blinking. For Tango printers, press the Wireless button and the Power button on the rear of the printer until the blue bar flashes.
- Within two minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router until the connection process begins. The light on the printer stops flashing when the connection completes.
If your router does not have a WPS button, continue with these steps.
- Download and install the HP Smart app from 123.hp.com (Android, iOS), HP Smart – Microsoft Store (in English), or from HP Smart – Mac App Store (in English).
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
For most HP printers without a touch screen: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Wireless and Power lights blink.
For HP Laser printers without a touch screen: Press and hold the Wireless button until the Attention light blinks. The printer might restart.
For HP Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the front light flashes blue.
- Within two hours, follow the guided steps in the HP Smart app to add the printer and set up the wireless connection.
Step 2: Connect the printer to your computer or mobile device
Install the HP software or HP Smart app to complete the printer connection.
- Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your local wireless network and has a strong signal.
- Go to 123.hp.com, and then enter your printer model name and number.
- Download the driver or HP Smart app to your computer or mobile device.
- Open the software, and then follow the guided installation to complete the setup for a wireless connection.
- If a Find Printer Pin message displays during setup, enter the PIN found on the label adhered to the printer. If a password is also required, enter the PIN as the password.
Related article : – How to connect your hp printer with wired network?